Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Cardigan Palma and Cable Shawls...

Beautiful colour, don't you think?


... lots of Cable Shawls. I am in a kind of shawl fever. It is so much fun to knit them, they are easy, once you get the pattern, you don't have to sew them together, it is great.

Mr Schön gave me some fabulous redwine wool for my birthday last year and as it's always with those special gifts, I feel like I cannot just knit any pattern with them, but it has to be something fitting and also something I want to wear myself.



You know, there are thousands of pattern on Ravelry and a lot of them are actually free of charge and I still buy books with patterns. I somehow cannot resist. To calm my bad conscience for buying books when we do not even have space for them in the bookshelf, I thought I better knit something from it. Things just added up, so I used the beautiful red wool for a cable shawl and I am quite happy with how it worked out, although the yarn is a bit thicker than in the pattern and the result is therefore a bit stiff.

















My newest knitting book
As the knitting was so easygoing and so much fun once I got it, I started with a second one immediately. This time taking a thinner yarn than used in the pattern and it is just fantastic, how soft and flexible that new shawl is going to be.




















Cable Shawl with different yarn






If you are a knitter you might know the feeling that all that knitting cannot be good for you, as your shoulders start to hurt, your wrists get stiff after a while, but you simply cannot stop? I have had this for quite some time already and fall and winter coming are making it so much worse. Maybe I will from time to time distract myself from knitting by going through patterns and checking out other people's projects on Ravelry, which is almost as much fun as knitting yourself.


















Cardigan Palma

As addicted I am to knitting, as slow I am as well. I never got those people who can knit a scarf in one sitting. Every bigger project takes ages, which is why I normally need some smaller projects on the side, to feel that I am getting something done. Nevertheless, I had this beautiful book in my shelf, that my brother in law gave me for one christmas. I had never dared starting anything from it, but I was ambitious. I couldn't and wouldn't afford the beautiful and expensive silk yarn suggested in the pattern, so I got something similiar and it worked out fine. Maybe, if I am going to knit the cardigan again, I will get the more expensive yarn, as I have now fully understood the pattern, knowing how it works. The cardigan fits and although I still see the mistakes I have made, it is wearable and actually so warm that I can only wear it when it is really cold outside.

The beautiful Danish book my brother in law gave me. Thank you so much!

The complicated back intrigued me, but also challenged me

Et voilá!

I am quite satisfied how it worked out. It is just soooo warm

I like the front part quite a lot as well. 


As we are awaiting some little ones in our circle of friends, I have taken some time to knit a small cardigan and socks, which was a lot of fun and pretty easy to do. One cardigan is still on my needles and I wanted to knit a hood for the first time, we will see how it works out.

Done, with fitting socks


While still on the needles
Wish me luck that the hood will work out











No comments: